Saturday, July 9, 2011

For Zaira By Sue

You know how it is: sometimes you meet someone, and you know - you just know from the very first second - that they’re someone very special.
That’s just how it was when I met Zaira Miles. We clicked from the first instance, and I knew that she was a truly amazing person.
There are so many adjectives that can be used to describe or define an individual, but with some people those words just don’t seem to be enough. But without words, this “confession” is going to be a bit boring and pointless, so I’ll see if I can find a few words to paint you a picture of what I mean.
Zaira is an amazingly kind-spirited and generous person. For as long as I’ve known her she’s always been there for me – and for many others in her life – including the time she gives here at the D.
She gives her all in anything she commits herself to and my guess is, even if she only gave 50% of what she has to offer, her half-effort would be better than most people’s 200%!
From the time and thoughtfulness I’ve seen her give to her friends, and to me, I count myself lucky to have her in my life.
She puts others before herself always, almost to a fault, and I’ve never, not once, seen her shirk responsibility, or refuse to help anyone if she could.
Zaira is a thoughtful, reflective person – at times introspective and quiet, but also fun-loving and never short of an opinion or twelve.
And she’s smart. Very smart. She feels deeply, thinks deeply and very rarely does or says anything without consideration. I think it’s this depth of personality that has led to Zaira’s gift with words, and I’ve been lucky enough to be the recipient of some of her beautiful composures. And not only that, but she’s helped me to compose one or two silly songs for the entertainment of you all at the D too!
There’s a braveness of spirit in Zaira that I’ve seen spark from time to time. She’ll surprise me by doing something that takes courage, and not just the courage to do – but also the determination to overcome the fear that often keeps us from doing those things we want or need to do. It’s my belief that there’s nothing that Zaira can’t do once she puts her mind to it.
Hers is a bright and successful future, of that I have no doubt.
The liaisons can sometimes be an under-looked section of the staff at the D, but they are absolutely essential. Zaira has been invaluable to me in to me in my role as a High Mistress – helping, supporting, taking instruction better than any male I’ve ever seen, and always with a positive attitude and “can-do” mentality.
Those of you who are visitors here won’t often see the hard work that goes on behind the scenes to bring you the wonderful events, occasions and fun that you are treated to here at the D. It doesn’t happen by accident; it doesn’t happen without time, effort and sacrifice on the part of those who do the organizing, hosting, DJing and all the other entertaining that goes on. Equally, keeping the high standards of the D doesn’t happen without work either – and every member of staff gives of their time and expertise in many different ways – and together the staff, under the direction of the inimitable Lady Eva, works as a well-oiled machine, to keep the Dominion alive and kicking.
And boy does she have a kick!
And so, wherever you are, I ask you all to raise a glass, be it real or virtual – and to toast the amazing staff members of the dominion.
Everyone on staff gives of themselves, for free, so that you can get the benefit of their skills, time and efforts.
So, please, from time to time – don’t forget to say “Thank You” to our wonderful staff.
And to my Little Z – a huge, enormous Thank You, from my heart to yours.
Sue R
X­­­­­­

0 comments:

Post a Comment