Sunday, January 15, 2012

Blessed Is The UPS


(note for those who might not know  UPS stand for an uninterruptible power supply, also uninterruptible power source, it is an electrical apparatus that provides emergency power to a load when the input power source, typically mains power, fails.)



blessed is the UPS


I float in a psychedelic bubble over paradise
sipping a strawberry smoothie
a little high
and smiling

wondering if the universe casts a shadow....
I wait
amused and thinking about you

feeling your affection even as I curse you
for putting me through this lesson

there is a strength in your presence
and an irresistible ease

I sense a storm brewing
hot humid and heady
the barometer dropping and i am falling
into a vulnerable space
my mind alive and restless
distant thunder announces your arrival

the deluge and
anticipation having
primed my soul
I swear it is some sort of mind control

you take me in hand and
bathe me with your benediction
the lights flicker, a dark velvety silence engulfs me
my heart sinks until I see

that the glow of our world remains

0 comments:

Post a Comment