Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Letter To The D On Our 3rd Anniversary by Miss Destiny

An open letter to everyone at The Dominion on the occasion of our THIRD Anniversary:

Dear friends,

For the past three years, The Dominion has been many things to me. I want to share with you some of my feelings about our very special sim.

The Dominion has, for me, been a vibrant community: a place to meet with others, share common beliefs, aims, values and ideals; to chat about everything and anything, knowing that it is all underpinned by our commonality: that being our interest and involvement in Femdom.

It’s been a place of Fun: a place where I have laughed until I cried, holding my aching sides, having to run to the loo as I nearly peed myself. Roaring with laughter at Zarita’s introduction of the expression, ‘your Judgery’ during The Trial of the Century.

The Dominion is a hive of creativity, where I’ve often been struck dumb by the amazing talents of people, ranging from Eva’s breath-taking event sets, Joie’s collars and leash holders to Jenn’s daleks, to name a few.

The Dominion has been a place of learning and growth: a place where I have grown as a Domme and as a woman; where I have learned from personal experiences, but also from watching others, helping others, talking to others and from making mistakes, sometimes more than once. But ultimately, a place of nurturing and growth. In this respect, the Mistress Mentoring Programme is I think, one of the greatest achievements of The Dominion.

Sometimes The Dominion has been a sad place, where my heart and those of my friends has been broken. Or I have felt sadness when somebody we thought we knew turned out to be somebody else, or even several other people! Those times have really hurt. Even more heart-breaking, have been the times when we have suffered loss or pain through death and illness of friends and loved ones both on SL and in our first lives also. For me personally, during the past two years, I have lost a precious grandchild and a dear submissive friend, but with the help of my friends at The Dominion I was able to cope, because it is also a place of hope; where, despite our sorrows, we have carried on, better and stronger than before and have triumphed over adversity, determined not to be beaten. Where we, as strong women, have held each other up and when needed, held each other close and whispered, sometimes without words, ‘you can do this. Hold your chin up high, smile and walk tall. I’m standing right beside you. You will get through this’.

Which leads me onto friendship, the Dominion is where some of my best friends, in any life, exist. It hurts when they leave, as several have. It’s hurt as much as a first life friend just disappearing from my life. Sometimes, I have struggled to understand how they have just gone, dropped everyone and not kept in touch in one form or another, but then I remember those who are still there, who also feel their absence and it makes it easier. There are many people who I really enjoy spending time with: Janice, Mo, Violet, Summer, Cera, Heather, Jade, Joie, Hanna, Gabby and many more (apologies to those I haven’t named)….but, I want to take this opportunity to briefly speak about some of my very closest friends.

So in reverse alphabetical order, starting with Zarita: you and I have had our ups and downs, but I want you to know that I love you and I think I finally ‘get’ you now, at last! We have much in common, but also much that is different about us and I think we know that and have stopped trying to change each other, so we are now able to complement each other. Zarita, I admire your integrity, your honesty and your strength. I think we have stood the test of time and this past year, we have grown closer. Thank you for being my friend, Sheila.

Zaira, you are a very special young woman who I am delighted to have met personally. You are one of the wisest, most level-headed people I know and I value the advice and friendship you have given me over the past 18 months or thereabouts. I wish you happiness, in abundance!

Wheels, you are a dear friend. You are loyal, loving and kind. I’m honoured to call you my friend. You contribute so much to The Dominion and I hope you get at least half as much back from it as you put in.

My very special friend, Silk; you have been a source of great comfort, strength and support to me for a very long time. You are a talented poet and writer and you are a sensitive and caring man. I can rely on you, that isn’t something everyone can say about a ‘virtual’ friend. I am so glad you are finding happiness on Second Life. You deserve it. I love you and treasure your friendship.

Maisy, you are such a wise and good person. I wish I were more like you. You are compassionate, kind, sensible, stylish and sexy. My heart has ached for you this past year, as I’ve watched you suffer with trauma after trauma. I hope and pray that all that is behind you and you are now in a beautiful hiatus of love and good times.

Hylarks, you have been my rock for a very long time, our paths have crossed, parted and changed, but we remain close friends and I can’t tell you how much that means to me. You are a genuinely good man and I hope, with all my heart, that you find your way both on SL and in your first life.

Eloise, ah the unique the irreplaceable, dear Eloise. You make me smile, daily. You are such a beautiful woman, both inside and out. I am delighted to have spent time with you earlier this year and I will be forever grateful that The Dominion enabled us to meet and become friends. You have so much positive energy and enthusiasm, despite having many trials and troubles to overcome. You are a gem of a friend. The day I left your home to come back to the UK, you gave me a silver bracelet with a charm that says ‘Always’, you said it was to remind me of our ever-lasting friendship. I wear it every day. I love you, Eloise!

Lastly, but in no ways least - Eva, you work so hard and have such commitment to The Dominion and to us all. However, I want to say that as a close, personal friend, you have always listened and ‘nodded’ (Eva gives great ‘nods’!) when I needed to sound off, but have also given advice and opinion when required. Ultimately, you have always stood by me, even when I’ve been stupid and foolish, which has been quite often! I know that you too have had a hard time this past year both on and off SL. You keep so much to yourself, so as not to burden others, but I hope you know that I am here for you, always and wish you nothing but joy in your life. Eva, thank you for The Dominion, but most of all, thank you for being a true and loyal friend. I love you.

To conclude, on this third anniversary, I would say that The Dominion is my Home, not the one where I sit on the sofa watching TV alone, wishing my boy was here, but a place where I feel happy, safe, comfortable, loved and secure. Where I know I can speak my mind, sometimes even disagree, but still be accepted and loved for who I am. A place where I can say ‘sorry’ and be forgiven. A place where I can relax, and unwind. Moreover, the place that, no matter where I go, I always come back to, the place where my heart is.

So, I’ll close with a huge ‘Thank you’ you to everyone who makes The Dominion the truly amazing place it is. Here’s to the next three years!

With my love, always and happy returns on our third Anniversary

Destiny.

0 comments:

Post a Comment