Sunday, October 16, 2011

Anniversary Confession by Hylarks

Thank you to the Dominion

I guess in reality my thanks go to the people of the Dominion. The staff, the Dommes, the subs and those I call my friends. Whenever an anniversary comes up I will usually take time to look back and reflect; this 3rd anniversary of the Dominion is no different.

Looking back at my time at this wonderful home away from home, I can safely tell you that I have been on quite the roller coaster ride. I have been up, down and at times all around. I have come, left and come back again. I have been on staff, then off and now back on again. I have laughed, cried, sang, danced, been owned, been un-owned, been under consideration and been protected. I have made many mistakes and have had many successes. Above all else however; I have learned.

Being given the opportunity to learn is the Dominion’s greatest gift to me. I have always had a submissive nature but have never been able to explore what it means to be a sub. Here at the Dominion I have found a welcoming community whom, for the most part, accepts me as I am. Here I am encouraged and provided a safe place to explore my submissive nature and to learn a bit more about myself in doing so.

I have learned and I feel I have truly grown. I could have never achieved this, in all truth, anywhere else. To all that have had a hand in my education, you have my thanks and my gratitude. I continue, as a liaison, to try and give back what little I can to our community, but feel I have received far more than I can ever repay.

I also have some many fond personal memories of my time here, three of these I would like to share.

My very first visit. Now this is going to be a shock for most of you, but I did not come to the Dominion for the D/s, the BDSM or the hopes of SL sex. I came to the Dominion for one reason, the castle. Yes the castle. You see I was an avid builder on another platform but grew frustrated with the limited abilities that the platform provided. A friend of mine suggested SL as it was a sandbox based environment. So in I came in a very hulking and ugly as sin avi and proceeded to look around. I was immediately impressed with some of the builds and took an interest in SL architecture, particularly castles. Again, a friend suggested several to look at and the Dominion castle was one of them. I tp’d in blind and oblivious to where I was going, found the castle and something more valuable.

My second memory is of my first time being on trial. I was cocky going in as I was used to being in the spotlight and somewhat of a ham. I marched up, looked at Lady Joie who was the presiding judge and proceeded to freeze up solid. I was intimidated all to hell and at that point could not put two coherent thoughts together. I was found guilty and strapped to an apparatus to be whipped. Ok, simple concept here, count off the strokes and pay a compliment to the ladies after each lash. Simple…not at that point, a feeble “owe” and an attempt to remember how to count was all the entertainment I could provide. To say I failed miserably would be a huge compliment. I imagine Lady Joie was groaning all through the ordeal and only too happy to dismiss me.

My third involves Lady Zarita and a well learned lesson. I have always been a little cheeky and well one day I pushed a bit far. My owner at the time seemed less than Impressed and threatened to give me to a Domme that could teach me a lesson or two; that Domme was Lady Zarita. Well, thinking that Lady Zarita would never agree to such a thing I “dared” my owner to just try. She did and amazingly I was Lady Zarita’s for the period of one hour. One hour was all the time Lady Zarita required! I ended up dressed as frankenfurter while chair dancing in the Dominion courtyard providing entertainment to the Ladies. This event was how I learned a valuable lesson about challenging your Miss and obediance.

Before I end this tribute I wish to publically thank two special people, without these two I would not be who I am today;

To Lady Evangeline; there are no words that can adequately express how important the Dominion is to me, what it has provided me. I guess the words are there, but to express the emotions is much more difficult. The Dominion has impacted my life in a very large and very real way, and since, you are its creator you too have impacted in a very positive way on my life. You have my utmost respect and appreciation for your efforts and my heartfelt wishes for continued success.

To Lady Destiny; you took into your arms a raw, immature sub and molded him into something of value, a sub who can truly serve. My journey to submission has been made complete by your teaching, guidance, patience, friendship and love. My prayer for you is happiness and fulfillment; my prayer for myself is to always make you proud.

There are many more that deserve to be mentioned here, but it would take far too long to list you individually. All I can say is you know who you are and that I am very thankful for each and every one of you. Together we will march forward in time, till we do this again, same bat time…same bat channel…next year.

Happy 3rd anniversary to the Dominion Femdom.
Hylarks

0 comments:

Post a Comment