Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy 3rd Anniversary Dominion by Lady Tora

I have been lucky to be a member of the Dominion for over two years now and I am thrilled that it has reached such a milestone as its 3rd Anniversary. Over the years I have seen the Dominion thrive and grow to be a strong force in not only the FemDom community but the BDSM one as well.

I have heard grumblings about how the other groups in the BDSM world view the Dominion, with its strict rules and protocol and I applaud Eva for standing her ground and keeping to her vision. I salute the staff and liaisons who help keep that vision and propel it forward. To those who would criticize the Dominon or work to disrupt it, I would like to say in the eloquent words of Nelson Mandela:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are all powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves: Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be?
You are a child of God; your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Happy 3rd anniversary Eva! Happy 3rd anniversary to the staff and liaisons that make Dominion the special place it is. May you all continue to live without fear and be a light that shines in both the FemDom and BDSM communities. I wish you many more happy anniversaries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment