Thursday, October 21, 2010

Confession - Gregie

A few anniversary thoughts on life at the Dominion
By Gregie Beaumont

When Lady Zarita asked for a confession from me for today's anniversary confessions event, it came with a caveat : "I want you to write a Confession this week. Not just an ode to your Mistress, but maybe how you came here... some of the hard things you found or great things." I will seek not to stray from that commission.

I came to visit the Dominion quite soon after it opened two years ago after I had not long ended a previous D/s relationship, and found myself at a loose end. Around that time I drifted from Sim to Sim not really wanting a new relationship yet, and exploring the Femdom territory that had emerged and grown in SL from the early days of the House of X. I guess I had already been through the online RP, and experience that I hear many describe, and the Dominion seemed to have a refreshing new quality that I didn't see so evident in many other Sims: one of being a Femdom community that was not so much a online environment that was entirely separate to and distinct from RL, but rather an extension of RL that is found online.

As I was gathering my thoughts together for this confession I was drawn to plotting the journey over the last two years by the layout of the seating area in the courtyard! When I first arrived at the Dominion the seating was on the paved area, and that went through several layouts over some months. The area had to be reordered to accommodate the increasing number of people visiting the Sim and gathering to chat. Before the current semi-circular layout it was an area accessed from either end as I recall. After a while the general seating area was moved onto the lawn and has remained there for some while.

One thing is for sure: I have met a great variety of wonderful people here at the Dominion. People from all over the world and from many different cultures, that all share a similar interest yet have many diverse ways of expressing that interest. There is also a culture here at the Dominion that encourages the exploration of different views and approaches to Femdom without judging or dismissing other peoples preferences and interests. This is not something that can be found in many other environments either on- or off-line.

0 comments:

Post a Comment