Monday, August 9, 2010

Tonka Truck! Thoracic

During the summer between French & English Kindergarten, friends of my parents got married. To bribe me into being ring-boy for them they gave me a really cool Tonka truck. It was a big sucker! I loved that truck!
A few months later, i brought my truck into class for show & tell.
At recess, i’m playing with my truck on the floor of kindergarten class and this other boy who also became enamored with my truck began endlessly whining and trying to play with my truck.
Yes, i knew about sharing, being generous, etc, but i felt that this boy really didn’t deserve that consideration due to his attitude. On and on he went “gimme gimme gimme!” carrying on, crying, the whole performance. He was really grating on my nerves.
Finally, i just couldn’t take it anymore. i lifted the truck in one hand and shouted at him “You want it – Now you’re gonna get it!” and hit him across the head with the truck!
i know that i didn't cut him, or give him a concussion or anything extreme like that, but don't recall ever apologizing to him.
if i could turn back time, that's one of the few things i would change about my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment