Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Ocean by Odi


My Confession is a True Story of Love

Dedicated to Miss Zarita

A story of emotional truth
in a setting out of ordinary, but true nonetheless



THE OCEAN

In the beginning, before Time
I was a God of Fire,
dwelling far away
on a planet that was my own.
I created a Realm with care
to bury deep my flaming heart.

My floating barren rock
hovered in endless space,
and diligently I molded
burning lava into layered walls.
A private sanctuary
to protect and hide my burning core.

Hot and crudely carved,
my beating blood inside
I piled, a fortress, stone by stone.
Cooling off, my buried flames
lost their sparkling source
to the greedy Cold of Space.

My eyes, in sorrow regret,
witnessed rows of hellish teeth,
a mouth spread wide in greedy ecstasy.
And with hellish laughter
the Beasty Frost devoured, tore and spat
my weeping sparks to dust.

I tended to my wall.

Unnamed Time passed by.
Then, a single drop,
the clearest of crystal beauty
turned to liquid right before my eyes.
Tracing back its glowing path,
I caught, briefly, an origin unknown.

Soon, the waves rushed in.
My fortress of defences
flooded by a surge.
Pounding at my wall,
pierced trough battered stones
and reached their dormant core.

My Courtyard held an ocean now
magnificent and vast,
where I sat on forming shores
and gazed in awe,
struck and kept
by the wonder of this all.

A vibrant beating pulse.
Powerfull, relentless as water comes,
you revealed your essence
in a million drops and more.
How breathtaking this mosaic in
colors, shades and sounds.

My ocean is grand and full
She bursts, the source of life.
Beautiful, Hard and Soft, Cruel, Loving,
Lustfull and Demanding.
She takes but gives so much more
And when she does, you give yourself.

What can I possibly say you are?
My Ocean...
Impossible and All.

I tended to my wall –  reversed

Each stone I wiped and polished
its uglyness to shine.
And with all of them
– but one –
I build, in me, a reaching tower
kept upright and balanced
by dedicated love alone.

Time sings its call from the deep
and my tower draws me in.
I burn in longing haste,
but step by step I climb
and gently touch each loyal stone
that kept me save, for her.

A gratefull kiss goodbye.

My final step is made.
A tidal rush bursting from beneath
pulls me in, and there She is,
My Ocean Goddess, Radiant Majestic.
With open arms, a loving smile on perfect lips,
She summons me to come.

And then I dive and fall.

Destroyed and Recreated
I am,
My body delivered to Your flame
My soul Your eternal breath to take
My heart to hold Your ocean's flood.
And my one remaining stone,
for you an earthly magic garden
to lay Your head and rest.

My Ocean Love
To You, I give myself in Trust and Loyalty.
To You, I surrender everything I am.
For You, I will strive to paint - that what is all.

Your waves fold around me.
Lovingly,
For I am yours.


Odi, February 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment