Saturday, February 18, 2012

Beast by Scarlet


Everything has its beast
and I am but a pawn
in this evil game from which I spawned
The king towers above My space
but I am the one who controls his fate
I look into his dark eyes
and I cry "Let Me break these chains"
The buzzing of the menacing flies
Keeps My voice unheard
and I must drag this weight with Me
and do My best, to set free
the essence of My being
Life cannot be perfect
for anyone
Everything has its beast
there are only tales of certain peace
Fables, broken by My fears
My mind may hold many terrors
but I an a tower of many tiers
I posse beautiful gifts from kindness, care, and love
Nothing can hold Me back from setting free that dove
My white bird will not be deceased
I can smile in this captive state
For I know
Everything has its beast
And there is no hope in pitying yourself
The chains will only pull you back
In any direction that we take
The atrocities of life are our only stake
I will keep upon My path
Through this shattered glass
Life bleeds happiness in unknown places
Its finding through a hall of discriminating faces
with the boulder attached to your ankle
with the anchor holding you in place
and with only yourself to guide
that makes the tears that are cried
A beautiful sadness
A present absence
Being afraid of everything
Is being fearfull of nothing

0 comments:

Post a Comment