Saturday, February 19, 2011

Paisan's Poem

Traversing through my life
senses stifled by a foggy haze.
Angry, bitter and full of strife
I sit alone, pondering in a daze.

Rules created by generations old.
Guiding my hand to what they deem is right.
Their minions making sure I do as told
Encompassing the world in a terrible blight.

Frustrated, angry eyes traverse the room.
Walls now percieved as bars in this putrid cell.
Promised salvation seems like impending doom.
Future of heaven now appears as hell.

A sudden brisk crack of a hand awakes my mind.
Blistering sensation sears through every nerve.
Gentle caress over the fresh wound feels kind.
Whispers permeate my thoughts and make them swerve.

You are the harmony heard far and wide.
I can hear you knocking upon my door.
It's resonance beckoning me to let you inside.
It's echo leaving me longing for more.

Afford me the will to listen.
Grant me the strength to follow.

-Paisan Broadfoot

0 comments:

Post a Comment