Saturday, February 26, 2011

Confession By Heather Steampunk

On the 18th of April 2009 I found this poem:

To be your lover when you need to be loved,
your doctor when you are ill,
your army when you go to war,
your umbrella when life rains down on you,
your rock when you get weary,
your shield when you need defense,
your spirit when you are drained,
your pillow when you need to rest,
your voice when no one can hear you,
your ear when no one will listen,
your comfort when you feel pain,
your hero when you are under duress,
your sunshine when darkness falls,
your answer when questions arise,
your inspiration to overcome obstacles,
your hand to hold when you are frightened,
your kiss that wakes you everyday,
and your "I love you" each and every night


at that time it ment the world to me, and when I read it now, it makes me feel warm inside. I remember how I felt, I remember all to well what I desired but what never happened.

What did happen was that I let this Lady down. I made a choice and it was the wrong choice and by making that chose, I destroyed every bit of trust I had built up with this Lady. I am extremely ashamed that I did this. What I did .. I want to keep it in the past, it's history.

In life people get a chance. A chance to make an everlasting impression, when making the right decision, you make a good impression, you make friends, you live your life to the fullest and enjoy it. Sometimes, when you make the wrong choice, you get another chance. To undo what you did wrong. I was given that chance. No words will ever express how thankful I am for my second chance. No words will ever describe the graditude I feel and how humbled I am by the fact that I was giving this second chance.

This Lady, after two years, still means the world to me. She will have a place in my heart that cannot be taken by anyone else. She has been my sounding board, my advice giver, my friend, my ass kicker, my second chance giver.

So, today, almost two years later, I want to say .. Miss Zarita, thank You for all You have done for me, thank You for allowing me to be a brat and making me feel comfortable when around You .. but most of all .. thank You for giving me a second chance.

Heather.

0 comments:

Post a Comment