Sunday, January 3, 2010

Discoman & Panzerboy City at War: Episode 3

Submitted by Eroyan Barmy


“Who shot the Sherriff?”

It had been crazy past few days. So nutty in fact that Disco and me had split up to cover more ground. He had taken one of the bikes from the Pet Lair and I was in the Lady cruising around trying to help Dominion’s finest were we could. Right now I was sitting in an alley around 39th and Lincoln Ave. Why you might ask? Well one of the gangs in the war for the city evidently went completely off their rocker, cheese slid off their cracker, noodle wasn’t cooked properly. Translation….they went crazy.

The Bullet Eaters had always been a rough gang but when the war broke out over control of the city these boys went to a whole new level. For the past few days they had been gunning down people no matter who they were as well and riddling places and stuff with machine gun fire from cop cars to taxies to restaurants to pretty much any damn thing they thought they should shoot up.

It was the one of the biggest problems Dominion’s finest had to get beyond 39th avenue because it appeared the Bullet Eaters had decided to make it their main firing line in the war. I probably wouldn’t have even been able to get to my little cubby-hole here in the alley if I hadn’t been in the Lady and the protection she offered. No sooner had I pulled out onto 39th street, I started getting fire aimed at me. Snipers, nut jobs and who knows what else started taking pot shots at me. I had driven on till I found a relatively covered position to be able to watch the street.

Keeping my eyes peeled for trouble I glanced now and then at the smoldering car just down the street. It was what was left of the little trouble I had trying to get to my position. Car load of gang bangers sprayed the Lady heading right for me which the armor of the Lady can handle. But when I realized they were not going to stop I had to pump one of the rockets into it. It didn’t bother me I had killed people before but sometimes you just wonder how they thought they were going to survive if they rammed me. The whole city had lost its mind.

“Panzer… this is Cockbeater check in please”

“Roger that Cockbeater, Panzer here am in position on 39th and for the past half hour it’s been pretty quiet.”

“Stay sharp, I’m still picking up gunfire in and around your area they are someplace down that way and sooner or later they have to come down 39th.”

“Will do, Panzer out”

Settling the mike back in its cradle, I leaned back and looked up at the instruments above me I could see a layout of the entire city. Highlighted in reds, greens, and blues, red zones where areas still hot and dangerous. Green zones were areas retaken and blue zone which were mainly in the heart of the city or further north were consider safe zones with no trouble reported as of yet. There were small points of light along the map as well showing me positions of cops and emergency vehicles and an amber one that showed me were Disco was.

He wasn’t that far away just over on 38th it looked like at the Old Gruter Street Theater. No telling what was happening over that way. We both had barely had time to do anything but check in now and then with a quick hello or I’m alright since we split up. Lady T kept tags on us pretty regularly and had ordered Cockbeater to keep close tabs on us constantly. I smiled to myself thinking about our Mistress, a brief moment of pleasure in the middle of chaos. Ever notice how when you wait on an egg to boil it never does? Then you look away for a moment and look back and the pots boiling over. Why does that crap always happen to me?

Jerking out of my pleasurable moment just as the roar of a car went flying past. Bullets were screaming past, hitting the armor of the Lady and tearing holes into the buildings sending sprays of brick mortar and glass all over. Slamming the Lady into gear I floored it burning rubber from my alley and into the street. Grabbing the mike as I watched the car continue its high speed rampage I was amazed at the amount of firepower being thrown from that car it was like a dragon that never stopped to take a breath.

“Cockbeater I got them heading at high speed down 39th just passing Lincoln Ave.!”

“Copy that Panzer, make and model of car? License plate?”

“No license plate, model is a caddy tricked out, defiantly built for speed I’m running about eight-eight to keep up with them.”

“Roger that…How many suspects in the car?”

Looking at all the guns sticking out and the two guys hanging out the windows I couldn’t really make out how many where in there. “I don’t know but it looks like a car full of migrant workers late for a job.”

I heard Cockbeater crack up over the mike and suddenly felt really embarrassed. “Uhh don’t tell Mistress that.”

“Too late she’s listening, don’t worry she’s laughing too. I will contact the Dominion police and see if they can help you out. Go get em Panzer, Cockbeater out.”

That’s all I needed to hear and put the pedal to the floor roaring up on the Bullet Eaters and planning to ram into their back bumper to shake them up hopefully they would slow down. It didn’t matter no sooner had I gotten closer than the two hanging out the windows turn their guns toward me and began to fire clip after clip of automatic fire at me. That small caliber stuff was nothing to the armor of the Lady but it did kind of tick me off they were probably scratching the paint.

The caddy suddenly swerved down an alley nearly throwing one of their guys out into the street. Pulling it hard over I raced after them. The alley was barely big enough for the caddy much less two guys hanging out the windows but they seemed to not care. Still throwing bullets away trying to make me back off I edged closer and closer. The caddy shot out of the other end of the alley and went right through a fence across the street.

Right on their heels I followed and flicked the weapon systems on. If I could get a shot on them in this abandoned lot it wouldn’t do much damage to anything around. Driving with one hand and trying to line up a shot with the rockets with another was tough. Whoever was driving that caddy knew what he was doing. Finally getting a lock I squeezed the trigger and a rocket went shooting out from the Lady just as the Bullet Eaters went through the fence on the other side of the lot. Then caddy then did the one thing I wasn’t expecting and kept going right into a department store window the rocket I fired exploding against one of the columns inside.

“Son of a bitch!” I cried as I swung hard to the right and crashed through the front door.

Now I was having a high speed gunfight in the middle of a department store. The caddy driver didn’t give a crap about his buddies. The two Bullet Eaters hanging out the windows didn’t make it through the entry into the dept. store. He left one on the street and I don’t want to think about the other one but the red smear on the side of the caddy made it a little hard not to.

Clothes, shoes and pants were flying all over the place as I raced along the side of the caddy thinking how the hell are we going to get out of here? Then I saw another Bullet Eater climb out of the window and point something at the far wall. A Whoosh and explosion later the caddy raced out the back wall and I barely had time to follow.

The assholes had a damn r.p.g. and that could be trouble for anyone including me. We roared out onto 41st street. The caddy swinging left this time down the nice wide expanse of road with me right behind. That’s when I saw the guy with the r.p.g. reloading. I flicked the weapons system again and nodded to myself.

“So…okay… you want to play rough…let’s play rough then.”

Before the guy even got the thing leveled at me I pulled the trigger on the guns of the Lady. Two hundred rounds per min, fifty caliber death roared from the front of the Lady and tore into the caddy and the men inside. The back of a caddy turned into Swiss cheese in the blink of an eye and exploded into a fireball. Metal and other things I won’t mention went flying, as well as who knows how much ammo and other rocket propelled grenades they had in there went up into a small mushroom cloud of smoke fire and flame.

I slowed the Lady down to stay out of the carnage as what was left of the caddy slammed into the side of a building and everything cooked off and was consumed in the fire of damnation. Slowly as I rolled by, looking to see if by any chance any of them had survived, the radio crackled again.

“Panzer this is Cockbeater, how is your situation?”

“Situation normal” I responded.

“You blew something up again didn’t you?”

“I said situation normal didn’t I?”

“Right well I take it I can call off the cops and send an ambulance.”

“Not really, I’d just send the fire dept. and maybe a vacuum cleaner.”

“Good lord Panzer…..fine get over to 39th and Madison Street. Disco will meet you there. Dominion can move on 39th now that you handled that little problem.”

“Will do, over and out.”

Swinging back around and taking the next right I cut back over to 39th and headed to Madison. Man I will be glad when this is over. Looking at the hood of the Lady those assholes did scratch my paint.

0 comments:

Post a Comment