Saturday, June 25, 2011

Crossroads By Anonymous

Crossroads

Before me stands a crossroads
One way back to who I was
One way on to who I will be
One way is familiar, easy
One way is dark, mysterious, scary

I stand at the choice between the two
And cry
I must be strong, it's what everyone expects
But no
I want guidance, a hand, to lead me down the path

I know in my heart that won't happen
This journey is mine alone to take
Will I be strong enough to walk the road alone?
The familiar path keeps calling to me,
But I know I can't grow there
I want to grow, be stronger,
Be the woman who I am meant to be

Slowly, baby step by baby step I walk down that dark, mysterious path.
There's a clearing somewhere off in the distance
But it's a long way yet.
Until I reach that, I will keep my head high,
learn when I stumble and rejoice when make much desired progress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment