Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Dance by Duncan

                                        The Dance

A late Autumn's day in a dark dreary November. Rain is tumbling from the sky. Winter's chill can be sensed right around the corner. Today, however, is different. Today I met a truly lovely Lady. I don't know what it will lead to, but I know what has been. Today we danced. The dance was fun and flirty, not dark and demanding, enlightening and entertaining, not dry and dreary. A like intellect had been found: one I find to have wit, to be welcoming, to have charm, to be graceful, to have spirit, yet to be engaging. I don't yet know the true depth of this soul I have met, but find it is intriguing. Who is this vision of loveliness I see before me? The questions remain. The answers are revealed slowly. What I have learned thus far has numbed my pain during these dark dreary autumn days. I find myself to be ever more curious, reveling in each new discovery as Her answers reveal themselves. She is a most complex being -- with what appears to be many layers of joy and delight. Today we danced and the dance was amazing. Let this dance linger day by day for, as we twirl and twist, the layers of Her reveal themselves. I suspect my own layers have been completely stripped away open to Her.  I am ready to submit to Her whims and fancies. Today we danced a dance of discovery and joy. Thank you Ma'am for the dance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment