Saturday, June 15, 2013

Her Heart Is Breaking by Anonymous

My best friend is dying.
Every day i watch her get a little smaller, do a little less.
my heart breaks.
she is all i have left.
i love her more than anyone i know.
i met her after my husbands accident, she was my anti-depressant. grantee to make u smile.
if i could rename her i'd call her joy.
the only times in my life i felt joy was when we were together.
 for the last year and a half ive done everything i could possible do for her.
i told her she owes me another 10 yrs.
i begged her not to leave me.
when all her blood work and test results came back good we believed we beat the odds.
i took her to have some new tumors removed.
but when they did an ultrasound before the op they saw a huge mass, previously hidden
the doctor told me to take her home and let her die in peace, he said mayb 2-3 weeks, a month?
my heart breaks.
she was there when i lost my daughter, she kept me alive.
she was there when my fiance was diagnosed with lung cancer and i lost him too.
she was there in the background when i tried to lose my self in sl unable to cope in rl any more
and now im losing her.
that's my secret.
my heart is breaking.
i haunt this place, my friend's head asleep on chest...typing with one hand, the feel of her light body wasting away
listening to music, discussions, banter and more.
a shadow, a dom that disappears into the chair she sits
once  outgoing, outrageous, comedian,
now introvert, conservative, sad.
my heart is breaking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment