Saturday, April 9, 2011

First Night's Dance By Anonymous

First nights dance

The night was warm
The dance club was hot
The tunes were steamy
I was…perspiring
I was….slightly intoxicated
I was….more than a little horny
I was dancing….alone
There were plenty of others on the dance floor
Swaying to the music
I swayed….alone
And she…. watched from the far side of the room

I swirled…I flexed…I held my arms over my head and spun slowly around
I kicked…I bent…I closed my eyes and dreamed to the music
My skirt flared out and twisted with the tunes
And she…. watched from a stool by the bar

I sang along with songs I knew
I hummed along with songs I didn’t know
I made up dirty lyrics to songs and whispered them to the room
And she…. watched and listened from her side of the dance floor

I tired and began to dance slower
My breath came ragged and I knew I should stop
I stopped and stood just listening to the music
And from behind me she said…can you manage just one dance more

I turned
I held out my hand
I held her in my arms
I pulled her tight against me
I breathed in her scent
I danced on air
I looked into her eyes
And she…. looked back into mine

We didn’t talk
We didn’t discuss
We didn’t decide
We turned and walked toward the door
And she… was mine

0 comments:

Post a Comment