Sunday, March 23, 2014

Lost by Anonymous


Not meant to be over-dramatic, but that's how I feel

I had a chance and blew it for what I thought would be more fun, or more secure or something I thought I wanted.

Not understanding what I was passing up

And that it was a point of no return

Yes, we are friends

Friends who talk and laugh, and care

But I will never be hers

Face after face passes, and I have fun for a time.  I've learned a few things.

Then the lost feelings return.

Listless, regretful, feeling stupid and lost.

I see her all the time, and I cannot say it to Her.

How I long for what could have been if I had not been so stupid and selfish.

It wouldn't be fair since she gave me the choice and I failed Her and myself.

Lost and drifting, looking for Her in every Lady, and sooner or later drifting as they don't match up.

My perfect Lady, so close

Yet I will never be touched the way I crave again.  I play the memories of times with her over and over as it is all I have.

Lost.

0 comments:

Post a Comment