Saturday, March 24, 2012

Long Ago by Jamie


Long ago I dreamt of you
softly demanding sacrifice
commanding, stern
naughty and nice
only to kneel at the Dominion as I see you


For a moment my heart would stop
then slowly beat again
the humdrum of an unfulfilled existence
Art and music
you were not there
nowhere to be found
no salve to ease my aching heart


So I learned to worship the unseen
in the church of possibility
and dreamt of you again
Across a crowded room
your single teardrop wrenched my soul

Once more my heart paused
to beat again
and there I found my Mistress
(beside me for so long
had I but eyes to see)

So graciously
the unseen Queen awaited my arrival
from shadow lands
prepared a feast and eulogy
Upon my knees you set me free


You bind me up and make me whole
you fill the void within my soul
Stern and Kind
so close
you are now my everything
Mistress Crissy

- Jamie Stipe  3/22/2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment