Sunday, April 1, 2012

People Say by Norma Lisle


People say... Love doesn't exist, but its all around us.. its in the smile of a stranger, a gentle touch from a child, the voice of someone a thousand miles away that you take comfort in.

People say... Life is hopeless, but its only hopeless if you give up... look deep inside you and see your inner strength and if that's not enough, go sit at a playground and see a child playing, look to make a better world for them.

People say... They don't make a difference, but every spirit you touch.. every soul you encounter is effected by you. Try and leave your imprint on them a positive one.

People say... There is no God, but he or she is all around us. In the beauty of spring, the wonders of the earth, the sound of a newborn baby crying, and is there comforting us when we will take your last final breaths., welcoming us back home.

People say... Angels don't exist, but they do, they are all around us. I was blessed enough to have met one in my life. My angel spread her wings this past Tuesday and flew back up to heaven and is now back home. Looking down now at us.

People say.. there is no life after death, but it would not explain how my sweet love and I connected. We knew we had met before... some life.. some way. Maybe we were two birds flying across the sky side by side and when we landed I would sing a sweet song to her.. or maybe we were lovers hundreds of years ago and lived a love that survived time and body. I believe this is not the last time we will meet.. it cant be. My heart is shattered in a million little pieces but I will find her again.. my soul mate... my forever love.

My Bella was not scared of dying. She lived every day to the fullest.. making the most of what time she had. Her last day she only said and spoke of love and how blessed she was to get to meet and love us all. She wanted us to honor her life, to honor ourselves and live every day to the fullest... live with no regrets. Her favorite bird was a Hummingbird... so those that loved her if you can.. put a hummingbird feeder out in the summers and when you see a little sweet bird think of our Bella. She loved us all.. the Dominion was her home for the last two years when her illness didn't allow her to do the things she used to. She truly cherished all the ladies here and spoke of so many of you with such fondness and reverence. We were her family as much as her real one. Her real life boy sent me an email and  I will share part of it with you all because it sums up how she lived her short life.

"She didn't want us to cry about her but to celebrate her life, and  know she did wonderful things, we should do wonderful things too, she wasn't scared, she was just worried about her mom, as always, always worrying about the people she loved. Two years of been sick and her spirit was never broken. She fought whenever she needed it to, but not because she was afraid to die, but because she was a fighter."


A while back my love sent me a song which says that she will always be with us...gone of body.. but never of spirit, always with us.


If you hear a voice in the middle of the night
Saying it’ll be alright
It will be me

If you feel a hand guiding you along
When the path seems wrong
It will be me

There is no mountain that I can’t climb
For you I’d swim through the rivers of time
As you go your way and I go mine
A light will shine
And it will be me

If there is a key that goes to your heart
A special part
It will be me

If you need a friend
Call out to the wind
To hold you again
It will be me

Oh how the world seems so unfair
Creating a love that can not be shared
As you go your way and I go mine
A light will shine
And it will be me

Past the ever after there’s a place for two
In your tears of laughter
I’ll be there for you

In the sun and the moon
In the land and the sea
Look all around you
It will be me


0 comments:

Post a Comment