Saturday, March 10, 2012

Poem For Miss Zarita by Black


I wander abjectly through this place, always watching, picturing her face.
 Waiting for Miss Zarita to appear, to picture her near.
Her world 12 hours from mine, 12,000 miles in a line.
She treats me with deserved disdain but her words cause little pain.
My time as Starbucks, well, I did think “this sucks”.
Yet her attention I desperately crave, her strong voice echoes in the church nave
As naked  I kneel to pray, in penitence, not daring to play.
My body is cold on the stones, the wind freezing my bones.
Yet I continue in hope and I try not to mope.
I say aloud “Oh Miss Zarita, I am not for you yet no one is sweeter”.
I offer this poem in dedication, perhaps I need medication.
My frequent need for a  nap does make you snap.
But as I say "You are divine", I feel a shiver in my spine.
Please forgive my misdeeds, I only wish to serve your needs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment