Sunday, April 20, 2014

Trickle Of Truth by Anonymous

Her eyes were intense, staring at me, into me, through me, making sure my fears balanced with security. She was reading me like a book to make sure I was ok, and searching for what I may not be able to put into words. "Shaky hands?" Her words curious and composed, reassuring. I held them up, steady, though you'd not think it by the look on my face. "Not even a little, Miss." I responded with faux confidence. "Then lets begin."

My fingers reached down to take a grip of the semi-taped razor-blade that had been sitting in alcohol. "Start with the first letter, make it pretty." Miss encouraged me, carefully watching me as I brought it to my chest. I watched intently, devotion focusing me, fear steadying my hand. With an expressionless face I cut sensation-less lines into my skin, drawing the smallest trickle of blood to fill the grooves to make neat little letters stand out against the whiteness. I did not feel pain, nor a sting or shiver, my mind was blank of all but servitude. I spelt her name neatly into my flesh, and wrote the word that permeates my body.

As I finished the last letter, I began to phase back into reality. My eyes rose from the word to search for hers, and in finding them I received comfort. Her big smile convinced me I'd done well, and that joy broke my focus. A sting in my skin, reminding me of the mark that sits upon me. I manage a smile, enjoying the sensation of sorts, telling me I had done well. "Now anyone can see who possesses you." my Miss states, with glee. "Now you can read what's written on my soul." I simply reply.

0 comments:

Post a Comment