Sunday, January 12, 2014

Storm Of The Soul by Anonymous

Exposed to your wrath oh mighty Mother Nature
The cool breeze sweeping over me in the gloaming
Lashing at my cheeks, nose and watering my eyes
I hear your approach bearing down upon me
As the skies grow ominously dark and foreboding
The clouds thick and choking out the sunset
The sweet misleading smell of a cleansing rain
Brought forth by whipping leaves on groaning trees
The birds cease to sing forth their melodic tunes
Creatures scurry for cover as I stand firm before you
You streak your glorious lights in ribbons across the sky
Eliminating my bleak and dreary surroundings
The sky roars with booming clarity of anger
Vibrating all existence beneath the heavens
Tears of sorrow fall en mass drenching the ground
Your discontent grows, feeding upon itself
As you hover, howl and weep to uncaring souls
Vent and let your lightening strike me down
For when it’s all done, we are one, you and I
Bound in our misery and glory and raging alone

0 comments:

Post a Comment