Saturday, May 5, 2012

Meeting by Anonymous


So many of us have been in this position, or at least plan to be:  meeting for the first time.  The truth is, I'm scared.  I'm scared for all of these reasons we're all scared about:  will you find me attractive, will you like how I smell, will you want to kiss me, will we be able to stand being in the same room, will we recognize each other and feel the way we do now??  No matter how much we try to lower our expectations, try to make sure we are being realistic, to be cautious, there is no way to protect yourself. There is no way to know until you stand face to face.  The answer to all of those questions might be 'no'.

 Still, I know that the potential for what might be is great. Maybe this will be the start of something amazing, of new dreams coming true.  But it could also be the end of everything.  It's the end of something to be sure. The end of 'how we are now'.  Come this fall, what we have now will end.  It might be the start of a whole new set of wonderful problems:  how to not be apart anymore, how to overcome this physical distance.  But it might just be the end period. And that's terrifying.

One thing I have learned in life is how utterly unbearable it is without hope.  For so long, you've been my hope.  The thought of not having you and also not having the hope of you is hard to even imagine.  But I know we can't keep each other in this dream indefinitely, that it's time to walk forward together or to let go of your hand and part.  This fall my life will change and I hope with all my heart that whatever turn it takes, you will still be with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment