Saturday, August 20, 2011

Awkward Silence by Gia

I've exhausted all my words,
Left only with letters unsent.

Unspoken.

Broken up and shoved in notebooks...
Hidden in closets...
Hidden from her eyes...
Eyes too big for their frames,
Stale with time.

Her back to my front,
My front to her back,
My face in her hair...
Lavender and shampoo
Scents of time well spent.

And the lingering stench of words unspoken...

And I'm lying here broken
Between a woman and a life
Will it be the pills or the knife?

Some end to this...
Life spent indecisive and afraid;
Life spent hiding under the covers...
Tucked away from their eyes,
Eyes too small for their frames
Beady and squinting...
Condescending.

A life I'm too afraid to live...
So I lie here broken
Into tiny pieces...

One for my mother
One for the strife,
One for every other,
And every other for the knife...

My tiny piece to cut out the life
I need.

Each scar, a road I've travelled,
Hidden in my sleeves...
Dragging the blade.
Watching it bleed...

Because I've exhausted all my words,
Left only with letters unspent.

Unspoken.
I stand here.
Broken.

0 comments:

Post a Comment