Sunday, October 12, 2014

Longing by Rock


As I wander through life,
Searching for She who will complete me,
My soul is filled with longing.
My eyes fill with tears as I sit here,
Alone, with nobody to hold me,
 To touch me, Nobody for me to touch,
 to hold To care for and serve.

Life’s joys seem so far away,
 All who I observe Seem to have found their match.
 That person to love,
 That person with whom they can share
 Their lives…why can’t I?

The longing that fills my entire being
 Throbs within my heart,
  A constant ache on my journey.
  Travelling day to day with only myself
  To comfort and to guide me.

Am I so different, so complex
 That I can not find One to share my life?
 My hopes and dreams,
  Lost upon deaf ears;
  The beauty I gaze upon
  Unnoticed by blind eyes;
  The senses I feel, unfelt
  By invisible fingers.

So I continue on life’s convoy,
Facing each obstacle that comes my way.
 All the while searching,
 Never ceasing to seek Her out.
 In hopes that one day, She will arrive,
 And my life shall be complete.



0 comments:

Post a Comment