Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Wanderess by Gia

The sky was turning a light shade of lavender and orange. The two colors, although beautifully different, blended into one another before dusk. I stood there as the breeze caressed my exposed, slightly bruised, flesh. My hair untamed, and the wind causing the loose strands to distort my vision.


I could taste the air, hot in my mouth just like Indian spices on my tongue. My palate dry and my entity forsaken in this moment, I quiver.


The darkness began consuming whatever sunlight lingered within the desolate sky, and stars began to show themselves in reassurance.


Flesh glistening from a day that’s no more,
And I can still feel your touch.
Powerful, yet comforting.


Stomach turning with emotion.
The mind and body are one,
As we once were.


Knees buckle,
And I collapse to the soft soil
Beneath my bare feet.


The breeze whistles,
Through the oak trees
That surround me

As if trying to tell me something.

I listen…
Waiting.
.Forever waiting.


Yet only stillness.


I run my fingers over my smooth legs,
Ever so gently.
….Barely touching.


I lay myself down,
And look into the infinite sky above me…
I wonder if you’re doing the same.


Cosmos communication…
Or wishful thinking.
Hoping.


Fireflies flutter above me,
Illuminating gold,
Winged stars within my reach.


Back arched
Pressing myself harder
Into the soil.


My dress dirty…
Yet, it doesn’t faze me.


I’ve never been one for material things.


Grasping the soil,
Between trembling fists.


My body distressed,
As I hold my breath.
My eyes clenched tight.


b
    r
       e
          a
             t
                h
                   e


My lungs tighten,
As I release the stagnant air
Residing within them.


Eyes open now.


And the stars blur,
From moist eyes.


My chapped lips,
Unquenched for quite some time.
Part only long enough
For a soft
‘Where did you go?’
To escape.


The air is becoming cooler and the breeze still whispers, as the night wraps around me like a blanket. Placating my essence. My body lays limp on the calm ground, and a part of me wants to lie here forever, because I’m to worn.


I struggle for a moment, to swallow the lump in my throat. As if your hands where around my neck preventing me from doing so. A neck that is now bare, without a symbol.


The wanderess, ever wild and free, yet here I lay.
Captive only to my mind and its longing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment