Sunday, December 29, 2013

Impromptu Confessions 12/28/13

We wrapped our Confessions event on December 28th by asking everyone to answer the question: What was the most important thing that happened to you in 2013?  Here are the responses, anonymously....

A number of things happened in my life this year, but the one of most import was that of having someone I care deeply for undergo major surgery and rehabilitation.

Witnessing her determination and inner strength was truly inspiring and I hope to better emulate her.

------------------------------------

I found myself a bloody wreck on the pavement having been struck by a car.
That tended to make me reassess my goals.

-----------------------------------

The realization that I am a powerful woman.  That I can overcome the strife that comes my way.  Get over old romances to make way for new ones...

That my horizons can be endless, but only because I allow them to.  That I can fall for someone willingly, whole heartedly and not feel weak and small, but even more empowered.

-----------------------------------

Had to deal with being unemployed for 3 months and learning how to deal with myself being bored out of my freaking mind!

------------------------------------

Have you ever heard of dark night of the soul?  Well, that was my entire year.

What's so important about that?  Not that I survived.  That I still thrive.

Bring on 2014.

-----------------------------------

The most profound thing that happened to me in 2013 was realizing my marriage was truly over.  I have been separated for 2.5 years, and while it has been overwhelming and sad, I finally feel I'm at the dawn of a new life.

----------------------------------

In way of kink: going into a CB-6000 over a month ago.

----------------------------------


The most important thing is the foundation built the for the years to come.

-----------------------------------

My daughter giving birth to her first child and my first grand daughter. So very excited as its happening on this Monday at some time.

samina

----------------------------------

I hope in 2014, I will reflect on 2013 as the time I found my one and only Woman, Best Friend, and Mistress.....

Will let you know when 2014!

-----------------------------------

The most important thing that happened to me in 2013 was that I realized that sometimes it's okay to not be okay and to ask for help of others. Also I finally got my stupid mesh eyelashes to line up properly.

-----------------------------------

1/ released the old boring sub
2/ moved to Paris

The second is prolly the most important as it has changed my life in so many ways, starting with job which keeps me away from the D and friends, but i know they are there :)

concerning soul, feelings and such , i would say that this year i realised my father will die. I mean, yes we all know our parents will die. But from now on, it's real : his health is not good and i know he has just few more years to go. Even if i know it, i still can't bear it

---------------------------------

When you think things can go worse, trust me, they can. So remembering being grateful, actually sitting and looking in front of yourself and feel just plain grateful. And then, here comes someone who becomes bright star, brightest possibly, on the sky in the dark, dark night of your life. Very grateful.


---------------------------------

Its hard to pick a single thing, just like that. After all a lot of things happened. But i started in therapy to deal with my childhood traumas where i lost my family. I realised how much impact this still have on my life. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment