Sunday, December 8, 2013

Haunted By Hornets by Anonymous

The anticipation was the worst,
The knowledge of the potential pain yet to come.
However, the unknown was almost as bad.
How much will it hurt?
How much will it burn into me?
Even my wild imagination could not hazard a guess.
My jaws met, and it bit back into me.
Painless at first, My mind reeling, was that it?
For a split second I felt safe, I had been spared.
And then, like a razor blade gliding through flesh, I felt the sting.
The crackling heat bubbling on the surface,
Molten lava dousing my skin.
The stabbing pain of a swarm of hornets, furious at my existence.
I was sure I had been struck by corporeal plasma from the surface of the sun.
A flare tearing through me, and I buckling underneath.
Saliva pooled in my mouth, a vain attempt to douse the flames.
I squirmed, writhed and made sweet silent noises.
Eyes watered and face turned red, showing my discomfort.
It was then I decided,
I realised,
Chili peppers were not for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment