Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pieces by Rex

"Pieces" by Rex


Would you take that piece of me, and keep it somewhere safe?

A piece you claimed when you leaned close and listened to the wearisome beating of my mending heart.

A piece; you remember, when my name was first spoken within your docile, airy tones.

That part of me you conquered, when you've taken my breath away, and I still have yet to find.

That part of me that wants to wear your smiles around my neck within a locket of gold, to make them everlasting.

That piece of me that wants to wear your bruises on my own skin, just to ease your pains.

That piece of me that wants to catch you if you falter, just as you have done for me.

Yet another piece you seize when I am reminded I am yours.

Time moves on, and still I sneak those glances as if the world has stilled and all there seems to be is you.

Time moves on, and yet you're still my favorite song.

Will you remember all of these pieces, will you remember how you found them.

Would you take all these pieces of me, and keep them somewhere safe?

0 comments:

Post a Comment