Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dark Fantasy

Submitted by Summer Teodosio

It is damp and chilly in Venice this night. The water makes lapping sounds against the stone walkways. Hooded figures slip in and out of the shadows, disappearing between the buildings. Footsteps fade away and it is quiet.

I sit immobile in a gondola, wrapped in my cloak, hair covered. I shiver and peer up at the dusky buildings as they slip by. The gondolier has been sworn to silence as we undertake our assignation. Abruptly we stop at a private dock. The gondolier hands me up and I walk towards a dimly lit doorway. I turn and wave the gondolier off. He and his boat disappear into the wispy waterway.

At my knock the heavy door swings open. I hurry in. The man inside holds a torch and without a word leads me through a maze of hallways and gestures towards an open door. I slip in quietly and sink on to a brocaded chaise. The houseman moves towards me immediately as we know we are running out of time.

Quickly he removes my cloak. My oiled and perfumed nude body gleams in the candlelight. I nod to him. He fastens a gemmed collar around my slim neck with a snap. I stretch my arms out. Snap! He fastens jewelled cuffs to my wrists and moves to my ankles. Soon they are cuffed too.

I flash the man a look: hurry fool. He pulls out a chain and snaps it to my collar. He fastens the other end to a wall hook. My wrists and ankles are similarly treated. I am ready now. The man vanishes through the door.

I wait for who will come this night. Faintly I hear the sound of silk slippers. Mistress comes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment