Saturday, September 7, 2013

I'm A Simple Bulb By Rebel

I'm a Simple Bulb
by Rebelpoet Resident

I want to be possessed by you, Miss
like the Dutch possessed tulips

Even though I am like a bulb that has not flowered.
That is how the Dutch traded for Tulips.

So I kneel before you a naked little bulb.
Ready to flower with you as my light and sustenance.

So please take me.  Let me be your display bulb
And kept under glass for all to envy.

Miss, I have some gifts for you to prove I am a worthy bulb.
I have gathered everything a Dutchman paid for a single tulip bulb.

I offer to you:  A silver drinking cup, two loads of wheat, four loads of rye,
four oxen, eight swine, twelve sheep (all of them fat),

60 beer kegs, 126 gallons of wine,
500 gallons of butter and a 1000 pounds of cheese,

If you would just tell me, Miss,
where they should all be stored?

Miss, a sultan spent so much of his treasury on a
single tulip festival that his people had him beheaded.

And Miss, I lose my head every time I’m near you.
I would be your tulip bulb.  Please say that is so?


0 comments:

Post a Comment