Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Waiting By Kael

I stir and I shift, as I wake alone,
I find myself, here, in a silent home.
I slowly rise, my vision a blur,
I wipe my eyes, and I look for her.

I slip from the bed, and cross the floor,
I call out her name, as I pass through the door.
My words echo, so empty, in the silent air,
The silence, oppressive, as I move down the stair.

Bare feet on stone, through the next empty room,
Past the couch where we lay, till the fall of the moon.
The kitchen is cold, and the foyer is still,
The piano is silent, the air has a chill.

I push through the doors, and I step outside,
Bare chest, kissed by sunrise, nothing to hide.
The campfire’s burned low, now smolders to ash,
Waves lap at the shore, making hardly a splash.

I take in a breath, and hold it, so near,
God, how I ache, when she is not here.
My pain is so real, I cannot deny,
To say any less, would be such a lie.

But life makes demands, and she answers the call,
Responsibility. Duty. She’ll never let fall.
And so I will wait, here down on my knees,
Pain in my heart, and the cool morning breeze.

My duty is to her, and to her alone,
I will feel this ache, feel it cut to the bone.
I’ll live honest and miss her, living right here,
My love in my heart, held close, held dear.

Not once will I demand, complain or whine,
Not once will I burden her, with these aches of mine.
For the burden I bear, I bear as a treasure,
For her, I feel everything, the pain and the pleasure.

I will ache, I will miss her, every time she is gone,
I resolve this, here and now, as I stand on the lawn.
I will not close my heart, to distance the pain,
I will not live less openly, hide tears in the rain.

And when she returns, my heart… it will leap,
Her presence, it sooths, so pure, so deep.
All I need is her voice, and I’m once more complete,
And she will find me here, worshipful, bowed down, at her feet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment