Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hope By Anonymous

Oh its the depths of winter and the weather is weighing heavily on my morale. I long for green and spring, and long warm summer nights. Hope springs eternal and hope is what makes life worth living. Isn't it drab without something, someone to look forward to? The long monotonous days run in to each other, wearing down your spirit. Is it wrong to indulge a fancy, even if you know it can't last? Is it not necessary to tarry and dally, to bend down and smell the flowers before they fade, even if your hands are full of blossoms? Will you judge me ungrateful if I don't spend my moments appreciating what I have, but rather, longing for what I don't? It's not that I'm ungrateful, it's that I've learnt that hope is necessary for survival. So don't judge me too harshly if I linger and listen to those sweet words, drink in the smiles and little kindnesses. Perhaps it would be cruel to kill the hopes of this one, who may too like to linger behind the crowd, lay down in the grass and stretch his fingers up to the sun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment