Saturday, September 21, 2013

View From The Pit by Chattel

In the last year and a half, since I was put in the pit. I haven't been able to really see the castle anymore. The view from the pit only allowed clear sky between the bars.
(Of course I could pan the camera, but that doesn't count, oh yes, I also was allowed out for events and basically whenever I wanted, but that doesn't count too)

However, all alone in the pit, in the afternoons, as the sun was settings, I could see the cast of the spiky castle shadow crawling down along the wall, then over the pit floor, then climbing on the other wall, and then escaping out of it. Like I could only imagine. leaving me all alone again in the darkness.

Having no way to measure the time in the pit (except for looking at the viewer clock, but that doesn't count) I learned to deduct the hour of the day by the position of the castle shadow in my cell.

I longed to this daily visit of the castle. The only visit I got sometimes. The castle never forgotten or skipped a day.

I remember in the early days of the Dominion subs had to log in and out only to and from locked underground cells that were placed in the castle basement. From that place they would have to wait for a Lady to take them out, Before logging out they had to be returned locked back in the same fashion. (now days people complain about mere kneeling...) . This custom didn't last long, it was tedious for everyone involved. and tedious seemed to be the castle itself.

Some days later, I remember Miss Evangeline showing me around the castle in person I could later on guide newcomers to the Dominion. I felt as as if I was in an intelligence test, in which of course I failed miserably.

I remember struggling to find my way in it many times, I was often disorientated, remembering it had many more rooms than I knew how to get into or find.

I remember secret teleporters to places only Ladies were allowed to, unless they took subs along with them. I only saw this once on that day Miss Evangeline showed it to me.

With time it seems to have gotten older. Standing alone in the corner, not decorated for theme events. taken for granted and put to shame. It seemed oversized and clumsy. Not up to speed, not evolving or challenging in any way. I felt the castle and I were having a lot in common.

I could only imagine how much it would cost to rent it, comparing it's huge number of prims to my simple but not very cheap pit, the rent should have been in millions. But I guess that what matters is often the location and not the size. The castle, was physically out of chat range, while I was mentally outside the range as well.

Just being there for so long, casting its silent shadow. turned it over time to some kind of a mascot. Something that you know everyone will be better of without, but you don't find it in your heart to get rid of it. That little sympathy that it got was all that was needed for it to continue to exist.

But, Life in the Dominion is quickly evolving. Old is being replaced by new, new Ladies bring different cultures, customs, colors smells, tastes and new sensations to it. Nothing can stand still here for very long.

So one day I was shocked to find a new courtyard replacing the old, they pavement I used clean so many times wasn't there as well. and with it the pit I was put in was gone., it was too a relic from the past - and was crushed as a piece of garbage that refused to evolve under the wheel of progress. It is not fashionable not to be mesh anymore, real estate persons say.

Outside in the open air I stood, overwhelmed, but now I could see the castle again. An old semi-imaginary friend that an a lonely outcast would create in his mind to get by.

There we were, but I knew that it wouldn't be for long now. I looked at the castle, and I felt as if the castle was casting a darker, bitter shadow  back down at me.

We are all just passing visitors. By the time you read this, the castle is already gone. except for some relics are spread amongst you, kept close to your hearts.

There was the courtyard, the castle, and somewhere in this line of changes I learned that in I'll be going too.  "We'll put in a new place, I was told", but for now it's too much of a bother to think about, so I'm still around. a prim in a mesh world.

Location is everything - that's what real estate persons say.

Wherever you are now, and wherever I'll end up being. I'll always remember you. The Dominion Castle.

Goodbye, Friend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment