Tuesday, January 26, 2021

You Made Me by Anonymous

 The whip sliced through his flesh like a carving knife.

Thrashing his skin, relentlessly, solid crack, after crack.

"That's what you get for making Me love you," She thought angrily.

Her eyes burned through welling tears of frustration. 

Thwack! Swish! Crack! Woosh!

Over and over she lashed out at him.  He was no longer human.  Just a lump of flesh trapped on Her cross.  His blood spilling from each welt that She drew from his body.

"I hate you," She whispered.

She paused, allowing him to silently suffer.  Gagged, bound, unable to respond.  

He could only take what She offered.

And he took it.


She resumed Her strikes.  She continued for what seemed like days.

She wasn't expecting him to survive it.  And if he did, would She?


"I love you," She whispered.

Crack! Thwack! Swish! Snap!

The lines blurred together now, like the smearing finger paints from a child's masterpiece. 

No clear distinction of skillful whip wielding, but rather, a smattering of passionate throes, painfully played out upon a mortal mass of man.


"I want you dead, gone, freed from this suffering."


He couldn't respond.


A pool of blood darkened the floor beneath his spread legs.  His pale, perfect body quivering, helplessly.


Finally, she laid Her whip down.

He could hear Her heels clicking on the tiled floor.


She walked over to a nearby table and picked up a canister of sea salt.  Moving nearer, she liberally shook it over his shredded skin, as if flavoring a pot roast.


Unbearable, muffled wails of pain erupted from his tethered frame.  Tears streamed down his beautiful face.  He loved Her too.


She took no pleasure in it, not as She normally would.

She felt completely numb inside.


"This is all your fault," She muttered.  And She would never forgive him for that.


As She left him there, in the darkness, she placed a record on a worn out turntable.  The scratchy sounds of the vinyl, gritty and raw, piped through tiny speakers as Patsy Cline crooned...


(( Listen:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB5rlL8vDAo&ab_channel=PatsyClineFan1 ))


♫ You made me love you

I didn't want to do it

I didn't want to do it


You made me want you

And all the time you knew it

I guess you always knew it


You made me happy sometimes

Sometimes you made me glad

But there were times dear

You made me feel so bad


You made me sigh for

I didn't wanna tell you

I didn't want to tell you

I want some lovin' that's true

Yes, I do, indeed I do

You know I do


Gimme, gimme, gimme, what I cry for

You know you got the brand of kisses

That I'd die for

You know you made me love you


You made me sigh for

I didn't want to tell you

I didn't wanna tell you

I want some lovin' that's true

Yes, I do, indeed I do

You know I do


Gimme, gimme, gimme, what I cry for

You know you got the brand of kisses

That I'd die for

You know you made me love you ♫


---

0 comments:

Post a Comment