Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Spider's Web by Raven

My body chained onto the bed.
"Here you'll stay" the voice had said.
My vision dims the room goes red
Crimson silk tied around my head.

The room is dark
My vision blocked
My eyes are covered
The chains are locked

The room goes silent
The noises stop
Still tied to the bed I lie atop

Against the chains in the room so silent
I push and pull my struggles violent.
My hearing heightened as I lie there
Of strange noises I become aware.

My breath is held, my body still
Does a figure stand by the windowsill?
All alone or so I thought
A hand reaches out my hair pulled taut.

'Stop your fighting you foolish girl"
As the whip begins to unfurl.
It strikes me once it strikes me twice
Then the voice speaks again with advice.

"It would do you well to stop your fight"
The voice calls out with such delight.
"Make another sound and I strike again"
I hear as my cheek throbs with pain.

My body stills as my fire goes out
I lie there knowing without a doubt

My journey ends. There's no way back.
My life belongs in her hands
Who I was is no more.
As she walks out the door.

0 comments:

Post a Comment