Saturday, May 17, 2014

Grace by Anonymous

Grace
We are tragically flawed creatures, we Dommes.

In a perfect world, we would be always wise, always correct, never too harsh, never too lenient, always knowing what is best. God knows, you deserve nothing less.

I thought I knew what was best for you, and I made a choice that broke your heart, that broke both of our hearts. And now I know I was wrong and, truly, I am at a loss.

You look at me, all forgiveness, saying I owe you nothing, finding ways it was your fault. And a part of me wants it to be your fault, because then I can punish and forgive, clear the slate. But there is no recourse like that for me.

You tremble before me, raised bottom over my knee, as the lash falls again and again. Do you know, in that moment, in that sweet, loving wisdom you have that you carry not your own guilt in your flesh, but mine. I pile my own sins on you, and watch as you wash them away into the ground with your tears.

And it is only your grace that saves us. I owe you everything and nothing. I am bound as surely as you are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment