Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Dream Within by Raven

Lost in the dream, no way to turn.
Is this a chance to remake, to relearn.
"Who am i really?" I question the fates
The answer they reply lies through the gate.

"To find who you are" they say with a smile
Travel due east and go but a mile.
"You'll find challenges three" cackles the old hag
Then from out of thin air appears a bag

At the bag in her hands, i stop and i stare
Just then a raven flies through the air
The bag from her hands it grabs with great care
Then with a shrill laugh escapes from the lair

As the raven flies away, my hopes begin to depart
Then the hag speaks again "To find the raven follow your heart"
"You'll need that my dear if you hope to begin"
Says the old hag as my hopes start to thin

The hag speaks once more with nary a glance
"Without that bag you stand not a chance"
Then from out of the air with barely a glimmer
Opens a portal that starts to shimmer

"Step through this now and do not delay"
"To find your next step you have but a day"
As i step through the gate it closes behind
For the ones that follow, my future defined?

I close my eyes as i kneel and pray
The portal twists and turns for forever and a day
The gates open wide and the mists fade away
As i find myself standing in a field of hay

As i stop to pause and take in the air
I hearing a voice as I'm standing there
i look around for the source of this noise
then from out of the bag jumps one of my toys.

As i blink in surprise and check out my hearing
The doll stands there laughing and jeering
Then with a rude gesture it jumps it in the air
and runs into the forest as i mutter a swear

Shaking my head i up and give chase
Then trip over a root and fall on my face
Picking myself up with feelings of unease
I follow the doll between the dark trees.

Between the trees the doll do i follow
Then out in the distance i spot a slight hollow
Giving up on the doll i give a slight wave
Then changing direction i head to the cave

Outside the cave now, the winds start a'howling
From the darkness within i hear something growling
From out of the bag i pull out a lamp
And enter the cave all murky and damp.

Taking a deep breath, i start my new quest
While a feeling of dread lies deep in my chest
Deeper in now, my lamp all ablaze
I find myself now trapped in a maze.

I follow the paths as they twist and they turn
But to the entry i always return
Then with a great shake and a loud clap
From out of the bag falls a small map.

Following the trail that leads to the centre
I come across a door and a voice that says "Enter"
I open the door and enter the room
The door closes behind with a loud boom

As i step further in and go with great care
The scent of sweet perfume peppers the air
From deep within comes a loud voice
"Now is the time to make your choice"

"You may leave the room and end your quest"
"Or use the key, and open the chest"
As my head says go and my heart says stay
A light appears that leads the way

At the end lies a gate
And behind that a golden crate
From the bag drops a key
And with a sound the lock falls free

From within the crate i pull a box
Sealed with thirteen locks
With the key i unlock them all
Finally the last one falls

Within that box i find a chain
Taking it my quest starts once again
Suddenly to my surprise
A door appears before my eyes

Glowing bright, the door opens wide
A voice echoes out "Do step inside"
The box held tight, the chain held dear
I step inside, my body quaking with fear

As my mind screams out danger
I gaze around the hidden chamber
Within that room there sits a guest
Whose presence there ends my quest

From my hands she takes the chain
And in my mind a searing pain
Around my neck she fastens the locks
And from the cage the raven mocks

Forever now to her i belong
With my soul singing her song
My freedom fleeting now departs
As she claims my one true hearts

0 comments:

Post a Comment