Saturday, April 7, 2012

Confusing Thing by Anonymous


Morale, Ethics, and Guilt versus D/s


Back when I was still a undergraduate, I had to take an elective out of engineering and I saw an easy exit in Morale Studies. I have been thinking a lot about D/s versus Morale. I am not sure if all the Mistresses and subs feels some guilt, but I always feels guilty about am I doing the right thing, some Mistresses told me guilt is important in a sub, since it drives the submission in them, I can understand that, usually the Mistresses doesn’t need to punish the sub severely but just simple words like "you disappoint me" is enough, it will trigger the guilt in them and work as a punishment.

 But still there is the morale concern, in some view point D/s in unfair to an extent, the sub always losses, it took me all this years to understand an important theory I learned back in the Morale Studies class, they called it Utilitarianism, it states that the level amount of happiness from the outcome of a decision that defines if an action taken is ethical or not, and I tried applying this theory in D/s relationship, it is unfair to the sub but it was done willingly and consensual, and the important part is the sub is happy with it,  so about D/s even if the sub losses the sub is very happy that the Mistress is pleased its kind of a “sweet failure” and I guess measuring the level happiness now will define even guilt is morally correct in D/s.

By Anon

0 comments:

Post a Comment