Saturday, April 14, 2012

Confession by Shittel


What I learned about women since my daugher was born.

It's a tricky one, the generalization of women, when written by a man.. hmm.. a male anyway.
 Usually being male is the is another word  for being chauvinist. and rightly so. So, at the risk of sounding chauvinist. I will say a few words on the matter.

I learned I loved the idea of having a daughter, probably more than having a son. I don't want to do manly stuff with a son.. I don't like football, I would never take him hunting.. and I fear to have to be manly enough for him.

With a daughter it's all about feelings and warmth. I was amazed to realise I actually understood her, her behavior and motivation till she was about 3 years old. I thought it would take much less for her to become cryptic to me as all women.

Women are smart and their feelings are complicated, boys would love to play with technical toys while girls are - well, about feelings. Their emotions are complex and the motivation for behavior is sometimes hidden from the eye, from my eye anyways.

It took some time to understand my daughter's  feelings. It will get harder as I grow older and she becomes a teenager. Even now it sometimes takes some time to understand why she kicks me when I tell her good morning. (seeking "negative attention"? upset with me coming home late the night before?)

A boy would say what's on his mind, I think. She demands that I understand her even with no words spoken. Maybe that's what I got the kick for.

Appearance is extremely important to girls, I learned. This seems like a born difference. I never thought about what I'm going to wear tomorrow till I was.. well, didn't happen yet.

The day before we went to he circus she told me before bed she was so excited to go to the circus for the first time. In her life it's what she's going to wear and this and that - described in great details. I would never think about what I am going to wear a night before going to the circus for the very first time in my life!

Other women I learned about are other kids mothers, It's best to keep distance from them. especially when they are with their kids. They are lionesses, each and every one of them. Never argue with them about anything when the kids are around - never fight over swings in the park, or precedence on anything like parking - especially when they are on the way to pick their children, or when they have just picked them up or it will become messy very quickly!
That's not a bad thing to say about mothers. They take their natural role as the protector of their offspring and will not let anyone step in their way or in their car's way.

I'm very happy to be a father, my daughter is the best thing that happened to me in my life, at 4 she seems to be needing my attention and support less than before, though of course, she still need them, I hope she will forever . I love every second I get to spend with her, When I have another child I wish her to be a daughter too.

Oh and Women, I adore them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment