Friday, May 28, 2010

First Pony Boy Experience - Daniel Ash

First Ponyboy Experience
Last weekend I experienced being a ponyboy for the first time. I'm not talking about Second Life, I mean for real.
A few months ago I expressed my interest in this type of play to my real life owner, Caretta. I've long been entranced by the idea, ever since experiencing the Beauty series and reading about Tristan's adventures as a pony. Ma'am began to acquire tack, long before we had any idea how or when we'd be able to explore this kink. Turns out our local female domination group here planned a 'Spring Derby' day specifically to showcase pony play and that event happened last weekend. I was one of the ponies.
I wasn't sure what to expect going in. There was a demo for beginners that kicked off the event and this was extremely helpful, not just for the ponies but for everyone else. My tack included a full pony harness, a bridle (complete with feathered top), cuffs on my wrists, biceps and thighs, a leather thong, boots with horseshoes affixed to the bottom, furry sleeves over my calfs and of course a long flowing pony tail. (photos of the ensemble can be seen on fetlife) I don't think I've ever worn quite a complicated outfit before, yet still felt really exposed.
The day was hot, over 90 degrees. After the demo and on through the afternoon was a free period where people could explore pony play. There was a large yard/pasture that was private and several people had brought carts to pull. I actually gave cart rides three times. I learned a lot, and for those who have never explored this type of play, it's not really what you may think.
There's all kinds of pony play out there. Some explore it as a form of BDSM play. Others try to get into the head space of an equine. They're not one and the same. For example, as a form of BDSM play, one would cause pain to the pony, whip them and so on. A real horse will not at all enjoy this, and someone in a true pony head space will not either. It's not about sadism and masochism and subspace and abasement. It's about dehumanization and becoming something…less complicated, but strong and proud.
I would say I was in and out of the pony head space all day. At times I was talking normally to people, other times I was not talking at all and reacting as a pony would. When I was a pony, things that bother me a lot as a normal submissive didn't bother me at all. I'm naturally shy and don't react well to compliments. But when people would compliment Caretta on her beautiful pony, I was able to just ignore the entire exchange. People wanted photos with me. Sometimes these were complete strangers. It didn't embarrass me because it wasn't *me* they wanted a photo with, but the pony. Does that make sense? I'm not sure.
I became something simpler. It felt freeing. I didn't have to care what people thought of me. I didn't have any human troubles or worries. The only thing people expected of me was to eat the treats they offered and to do what they wanted. I became a thing, a horse. Something to be handled, but not treated as an equal, and not something that could understand a lot. It put me into a calm place, free from emotional stress and worry.
The tack helped put me there, but the people around me solidified the experience. It's because they treated me like a pony than I became one. I'm not sure everyone truly understands how important this is. If you try to talk to a ponyboy or girl as you would a human, you'll probably go a long way towards breaking him or her out of head space.
In my time in Second Life, I've been a virtual ponyboy. I've put on the gear and been in a stable and given rides. But I never really understood it. Not like I do now. There's no comparison to putting on real tack, being a pony in a real outdoor setting and interacting with real people and pulling a real cart. It's so completely different. And so few understand the importance of the trainer (dominant), their role in helping to achieve the head space and to shape the experience. They help get you there, they decide what to do with you, and they take you back down afterwards. They also hold the treats (very important!)
Maybe the entire thing sounds kind of foolish. Maybe it doesn't make sense. I think a lot of people felt that way before going to the derby to witness the pony play first hand. From the conversations I've had with people who went…they get it now. They understand it. So do I. I really believe this is one of those things that has to be seen…to be touched…to truly understand it.
There's no going back for me now. Something's different inside me, it's like something snapped into place. The entire experience just felt…right. And I can't wait to do it again.
Daniel Ash :Miss Zarita's brat

0 comments:

Post a Comment