Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Pen To Paper by Passion

I was asked once why I stopped writing...

And the answer is you

When my pen first touched paper you were its inspiration, it's muse
every flow and mark a testament of my devotion to you
It would began as no words until it formed structure and weight
filling out pages of endless desire and needs
until the very ink whispered your name
it became my lifes breath
my voice when my own would falter
there my dreams would come alive and prance along the lines
so much truth spilled out among notebooks

You gave that to me in the beginning...
by the end thoughts of optimism were barely even remembrances
shattered emotions screamed across the endless white
doubt, uncertainty, loss became the staples
until the ink ran dry and nothing was left...

I had nothing left to say...
you took that part of me that glowed and shined
not even an ember was left to spark again...
But another brought a match
kicked aside the debris of what was
and lit anew what could be again

So now when asked why I started writing again
I will smile confidently
and my answer will simply be
because she found me and ignited me

-Passion

0 comments:

Post a Comment