Saturday, February 27, 2016

My Mistress by Richtea

This will be a rather hastily cobbled together treatise fueled mainly by tea and tobacco, so please forgive the dodgy punctuation, spelling and barely coherent nature of the following.

I pondered about 'Women in Leadership' for a wee while and the only one I could think of that has had any impact on my life was Maggie Thatcher, but her impact was the polar opposite of positive. Then I thought about the subject on a more personal level and the answer was obvious; my Mistress.

I imagine when most people read the words, 'Women in Leadership', they start to think, (as did I), of politicians, campaigners or a boss of a company or perhaps a singer or an actor. But, for me, I pretty much only feel influence on a personal level.

Is my Mistress a women of leadership? Does she lead? Oh yes, very much so, but she doesn't just lead:

She never pushes from behind, she always encourages from the front.

She lifts me up even though I may be kneeling.

She is strong enough to show me her vulnerability.

She has given me the strength to show mine.

She builds my confidence.

She is a woman and she leads. And I follow willingly and joyously. The impact and influence she has had on my life is so very, very positive and continues to grow

0 comments:

Post a Comment