Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Closet by Doc


"So… how long have you lived in Andrea’s closet, James?"
 
I wondered how she knew that I now slept, ate, and waited – mostly waited – not only in Andrea’s home, but in her closet.  I figured out that they must have been talking.  Mary and Andrea had been friends since high school, and, at one point, according to Andrea, had been lovers.  That, however was long ago.

“Uh, it has only been two weeks…. I guess she told you, huh?”  Mary nodded.  She then asked another question.

“Do you like it?”

I assumed she meant living in Andrea’s closet, but I decided to add some unasked for information.

“I only have to be there when she’s at home or expected home.  She lets me out to take care of ‘practical stuff’ most of the day during the week.  If she wants me to greet her from the closet during the day -- if she plans on coming home for lunch -- she texts me first.”  I paused.  “To answer your question, though, I find it a bit confining.”  She giggled.  It hit me that saying having to spend time confined in a closet might indeed seem ‘confining’.  I grinned.  I appreciated Mary’s sense of humor, but I decided not to say that to her.  I continued….

“She likes it when I’m waiting for her.  I like the fact that she seems to really enjoy finding me inside her closet – simply because she told me be there.”

Mary then said, “She not very nice is she?”  I thought for a second.

“No she isn’t,” I replied.  Then I added (unnecessarily), “She likes it when I tell her that she’s a bitch.  She takes it as a high compliment, in fact.”

“It is a compliment,” said Mary.  “I know her as well as anyone.  You are lucky to have her in your life, you know.  You could well have ended up with a much less smart girl taking you for herself.”  The look on Mary’s face was very wistful.  She was staring at me.   I evaded her gaze.

“I don’t know if I like this or not,” I said.  I was being very honest.  “It’s very disorienting.  I don’t feel comfortable.  I think getting used to this will take a long while.”

“That’s of relatively little importance, isn't it?  I mean as long as you don’t start ‘acting weird’ and being a jerk about it…. Right?”  I nodded, and then added, “I’m inside my limits.  It’s not as if I am gonna go nuts or anything.  After all, it’s only when she’s around.  The rest of the time I’m free.”  She smiled.

“You remind me of a dog I used to have,” she quipped.  “Heyyou always came running when called.  The rest of the time I guess he was fucking all the bitches in the neighborhood, or chasing squirrels or whatever the fuck else dogs do when their mistress is not around.  I have no idea and could have cared less what Heyyou was up to before I called him home.”

I didn’t say anything.  She continued. “I think I’m going to ask Andrea if I can use you when she’s otherwise occupied.  I think it’s a shame to have you in that closet so much.”  I said nothing at first.  Then I said, “That’s up to Andrea and you.  It’s none of my business.”

“True.  That’s one of the things I like about you.  You know you’re Andrea’s fuck toy and puppet.   You don’t fight it.  You are happy with that role.”  She paused.  “Andrea’s a great friend.  I like her.  I would never go around behind her back.  But…..”.  Her voice trailed off.  “… I would like to share.  You and me.  With her OK.”
I kept my mouth shut.  I knew my role.  I knew my first loyalty.  I knew which woman came first.

“Whatever Andrea decides,” I added.  Then I decided to try to derail the conversation.  “I was in here reading, Miss.  Would it be OK with you if I were to continue reading now?”  She once again grinned.

“Sure. Of course.  I’ll have Andrea tell you what we jointly decide to do with you – either way.  You won’t know jack either way until she tells you, though.  Do you understand?”  I nodded.

“Here,” Mary said.  She tossed me something from her handbag.  I looked down at it.  It was a dog treat.  She laughed, spun on her heel and left the room without a single other word.
----
I got my answer the next day from Andrea.  “Oh, about Mary?“ she said.  “I told her ‘no fucking way’.  She needs to find her own closet toy!” I nodded. “Now, James, go stand in the corner.  I like when you do that, too.” I went to corner of the room and faced away from her.  I could hear her softly chuckling.

THE END

0 comments:

Post a Comment