Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Water's Edge by Raven Queen

The courtyard, beautiful but quiet as a grave
Kneeling here quietly trying to behave
A Lady appears to my surprise and delight
My body quickens with her greetings lite

My head rises as to her my interest peaks
Listening intently as the lovely Lady speaks
Her voice so eloquent and very direct
Secret yearnings within, can she detect?

She asks simply “Who will dance with me?"
Several options at her whim, a boy most likely
Nerves, distractions, none of the boys answer
Would any of them dare step up to be her dancer?

She walks the grounds surveying what she sees
Passing the boys over, she stops in front of me
“It’s a beautiful day and you’re a beautiful girl
Follow me to the beach where we’ll dance and twirl”

My heart rate doubles as she takes my hand
I rise to meet her and she leads me to the sand
As we walk the grains are warm beneath our toes
The music melodic, intoxicating, mixing with ocean’s flow

Heated rays mixed with a gentle aromatic breeze
Her dress swaying as she leads me to a stop so at ease
I smile brightly, our hands joined, our bodies so close
Feeling the happy and humbled it was me that she chose

Our bodies move to the rhythms tickling our ears
Momentarily I lose myself in her, she erases my fears
We talk of general things and secret desires as we dance
I don’t want it to end, these moments of happenstance

Time moves forward, the songs beautiful but blurred
As we chat of the past and experiences that stirred
Long conversations intermingled with soft slow motions
Everything about this engulfing my every emotion

Yet time is not a friend as she must depart for now
Night overtook day yet I still want more somehow
With happiness for the moments we shared together
Our friendship bonded though this date is severed

She walks away, turns to me, and on the breeze she sends
Her kiss of gratitude for the wonderful time we spent
My happiness abated for a moment as we part
But the memories of those dances will always be in my heart.

Thank you to the Lady that Danced with me. ~ Raven Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment