Saturday, June 8, 2013

Dance by Rexro

Dance


I dance precariously upon a spire of uncertainty; my movements slow, yet my heartbeat hastened.
I tremble and I doubt, fearful of losing what little foothold I have. Should I take a chance? Should I embrace the unknown? Should I release what reservations I have and succumb? My mind disquiet; should I allow it to meld with yours?

Just before I reach that precipice, the crag crumbling at my heels, you appear and pull me from the edge. The distance between us closes - hand in hand, you lead the waltz. If I falter, you guide my steps. If I stumble, you are there to steady. Your confidence unwavering, your voice gentile. You lull me into a state of tranquility, yet my longing for you burns with each passing day.

You are a light in a sea of darkness, and we dance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment