Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Assistant Part 1 by Lady Crissy


The Assistant

Part I - The Interview

I got off the phone and began typing my notes into the database. Details about the client, some notes about their questions, my initial impressions and ideas on how to begin.   I was almost finished when my desk phone buzzed.  The display said it was the front office receptionist.  I hit the speaker phone and continued to type.

"Hi Sharla, what's up?"  I said while typing, predicting in my mind why she called.

"Your appointment regarding your open position is here."   I could hear a bit of amusement in her voice.  

I chuckled, "What aren't you telling me, Sharla?"

"Shall I send him up?"  she continued, ignoring my question.

I shook my head, "Sure, and I will get you later."  The "Yes, Miss Night." that followed was filled with mischievousness.  I was going to get my payback if this guy was a real loser.   I hated wasting my time, and so many people that had applied the personality and intellect of a thumbtack.

I finished up my notes and closed the file, bringing up my interview process notes. I was ready to waste some more time.  There was a knock at the door.

"Come in,"  I called, standing.   The young man opened the door and took a couple of steps in, then turned to face me.  

"Miss Night?"

I thought to say something smartassed, but then decided to give him a chance.  I was trying to be hopeful.  "Please have a seat," was my reply. I motioned to the chair on the other side of the desk and sat back down. He smiled a nervous, polite smile and moved to sit gently on the chair. The tie was light grey-blue, very understated.  Ok, so maybe he did have a chance.  Appearance matters.  Dark hair, cut short and very beautiful hazel eyes.  Silently I checked off all his qualities that were pleasing.  Clean cut, trimmed and neat nails.  However it took a lot more than a good look.

I began the interview with a description of the open position, the requirements, pay and hours.  He had some previous experience he explained, and it seemed most of the duties I would have for him, he had done before as a part of other positions.  His voice was deep, but the tone was soft and pleasant.  He spoke clearly, answered the questions asked and did not interrupt or blather on.  A trait that I found untenable.

"So tell me a bit about why you feel you should be offered the job."  I sat back to listen.

"First of all, Miss Night, I'm willing to do whatever is necessary. "  He said it so easily., I felt an inner chuckle in response.  Outwardly I was poker faced.  He had no idea what "whatever" and "anything" meant to a Dominant.

"Continue,"  I instructed.

"I'm very loyal and committed Miss Night.  I would not disappoint you," he continued.  Shows confidence, noted.   He went on to talk about his work experience, positions he'd had.  He seemed very well rounded.  "Miss Night, I would be very honored to work for you."

 "So, my reputation proceeds me?"  I smiled.

 "Yes, MIss Night,"  he said, and a look of intensity flashed briefly across his face.  But it was gone quickly.  Curious....

"I hope its a good reputation,"  I inquired.

"Impeccable, Miss,"   he answered.

I asked him for the list of references that he was to bring with him.  I watched him open the portfolio he brought with him and took out a piece of paper.  He smiled, stood and leaned over to the place in front of me on the desk before sitting down again.  No rings on his fingers, I noted. Good to know.

I took up the paper and holding it, leaned back in my chair.  I had a good feeling, but I didn't want to get up too much hope too soon.  I took my time, letting him wait while I read everything over three times...very slowly.  The one name caught my attention each time, and I had to say I was a little more than surprised.  I watched him out of the corner of my eye, but there was no fidgeting, not a word, and when I looked up, there was a half smile on his face. Did he know I was testing him?  Very possible given the name that captured my attention.

I stood abruptly and held out my hand, setting the sheet of references on the desk.  He stood quickly, a bit surprised, but took my hand and shook it.  "Thank you for coming in."   I broke the handshake and walked around the desk and toward the door.  He followed and when I paused at the door, opening it, I turned to face him.  "I'll be in touch," I said, and watched him smile warmly.

"Thank you Miss Night, I look forward to it."  he smiled back.  As he stepped through the door I reached out to grab his ass firmly and felt him stiffen, and a gentle shudder ran through him.  

"I'll make sure to give your regards to Miss Monica,"   I chuckled as I let go.  "Off you go now,"  I said, smacking his ass firmly.    I watched him walk a bit shaken to the elevator, and I closed the door behind him.  I walked to my desk and spread out his resume, writing samples and reference.   The materials were clear, concise and very well done.  It ws worth a call to his references.   Monica would be first.


End of Part I

0 comments:

Post a Comment