Saturday, March 30, 2013

Mine by Lady Tora


It was almost two years to the day; our relationship coming to a grand finale in what seemed out of the blue but as I reflect back on it now, it had ended before it even started.

I was a fool.  A huge blind fool who choose to ignore the small signs.  I dismissed the passing twinges that pulled at my subconscious.  I made excuses and looked the other way when something didn't feel right.  The good parts seemed to out way the bad.

And now he is gone but the last two years linger like an echo.  Everything playing back in my head over and over; trying to figure out what the hell happened.  How I let this happen.  Was I really that stupid?  Why did I not realize that I was giving all of me to him and getting very little back?

He was supposed to be the one I could be myself with; the one who knew me the most.  He was suppose to be here for me, matter the most to me; he was suppose to be the one.  He was suppose to be mine. Mine!  Mine...

That single word struck a cord and everything suddenly became clear.  It felt like the wind had been knocked out of me.  My knees crumbled and I sunk to the floor.  Tears trailed down my cheeks but they were not tears for him.  They were tears for me because I had realized that he never was and never will be mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment