Saturday, March 9, 2013

Plurality by Lady Dalia


I was once in a facilitated woman's group.  We were asked to introduce ourselves, including sexual orientation.  When I said I didn't like having to choose, that if I had to choose, I would say bisexual I was told, "Don't worry, one day you will figure it out".

This is my response, a poem entitled "Plurality" c 1996

I am
Plural,
More than choice.

Existing,
Parts of a whole:
Masculine,
Feminine,
Traditional,
Radical.

Undefinable by words.

I am who I am:
Integrated,
Alive,
Analytic,
Fluid,
Sensual.

Free to choose,
Abstain,
To live,
Desire,
Connect.

No hang ups,
Nor bigotry.

Liberated,
From notions,
Orientations,
Your choices,
The boxes.

Cruel,
Or caring.

Dominant,
Or equal.

Monogamous,
Or promiscuous.

Coupled,
Poly,
Or alone.

I am what I am.

No problem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment