Saturday, March 3, 2012

A New Way by Anonymous


A new way


I watched you from afar
Curiously
No intent
No desire
You travelled around the circle
I was not impressed
But you made me smile
But I kept my distance
My world rolled round
Yours did too
We spoke occasionally
Nothing of consequence
A friendly banter here and there
Both with seperate connections
Now and then I looked over my shoulder at you
No intent
No desire
The one I looked down to
He was emotional
He was dramatic
he was gone
The one you looked up to
She was emotional
She was dramatic
She left you
I saw the hurt behind your words
You laughed
Brushed it off
But I saw
A thaw started
I watched you a little closer
Warmed to you
There was intent
There was desire
A new way of thinking
Until my leash
Attached to your collar
I looked down to you
A hand stroking your cheek
You looked up to me
A cheek leant against my hand
Nobody sees
The roots starting to grow
Entwining
Pulling us closer together
And now I see you
I hear you
Mine

0 comments:

Post a Comment